workzom: (z6)
Akira Tendo ([personal profile] workzom) wrote in [community profile] rsdos2024-05-11 07:00 pm
Entry tags:
NSFW

< bucketlist > forwarded dated to 14th

Something weird happened to me...

When I woke up this morning I noticed I wasn't kelpie like and instead now it looks like I'm more like a mermaid??

Does this happen to people here?, I mean it's kinda cool so I'm not freaked out just wondering.
summonthesuit: (Reading glasses & phone)

< HasNoFear >

[personal profile] summonthesuit 2024-05-17 11:39 am (UTC)(link)
You too? Seems like others have turned to a different sort of monster too.

I'm a merman now too. It feels weird. Not bad, mind you. Just weird.
summonthesuit: (Bollocks)

< HasNoFear >

[personal profile] summonthesuit 2024-05-18 08:19 pm (UTC)(link)
I had the same sort of fear. Maybe not the 'not changing back' bit, but just flopping around in the shower without legs is already bloody terrifying on its own.

Or accidentally turning into a full fish form and it's such a wee one I'd get washed down the drain.

Damp washcloths do the trick though! At least for me.
summonthesuit: (Attentive)

< HasNoFear >

[personal profile] summonthesuit 2024-05-26 04:57 pm (UTC)(link)
If you're really scared about not turning back, then... Yeah, I guess baths are out.

But I've never heard of a merperson getting stuck in that more fish-like form, if it helps. When they get dry, they always get their land legs back a bit later. Probably five minutes at the most.
summonthesuit: (Reading glasses & nothing)

< HasNoFear >

[personal profile] summonthesuit 2024-05-28 07:46 am (UTC)(link)
The Little Mermaid?

A sea witch took her voice as part of a contract, all to sabotage her attempts to get a prince to fancy her, so I don't expect that's really part of the whole mer experience. Don't think the sabotage was part of the original fairytale though. If I remember rightly, her voice really was the fairest trade for her legs.

Or maybe it was her tongue.

Anyway, I've never heard of any merpeople here losing their voices. I reckon the fog can do the legs-to-tail-and-back swap without any trades.
summonthesuit: (Cinnamon crumpet)

< HasNoFear >

[personal profile] summonthesuit 2024-05-30 06:28 pm (UTC)(link)
That's a good way of looking at it. Happily ever after, eh?

A swim meet sounds like fun! I was thinking of heading to the pool by the 38-8 to see how swimming works, but if there's more new merpeople, maybe we can all figure it out together.
summonthesuit: (Hold up- what)

< HasNoFear >

[personal profile] summonthesuit 2024-05-30 06:39 pm (UTC)(link)
Pool's cleaner, though. And easier to get someone out of when one of us gets into trouble somehow.
bound_skyward: (armored)

<DragonSoul> [14th]

[personal profile] bound_skyward 2024-05-25 09:44 pm (UTC)(link)
I don't like it, or know how it happened, but I'm a mer as well at the moment. Is it just this type for some reason?
bound_skyward: (glance aside)

<DragonSoul>

[personal profile] bound_skyward 2024-05-28 01:09 am (UTC)(link)
If the problem is becoming so widespread... that's a definite sign that something is up. Either someone tampered with something out there, or a god is playing around. At least that means that this likely will be temporary.

Ugh. I loathed being a zombie as well. It was the worst, with a rotten body that was constantly falling apart. I guess that puts things into perspective. This is far better than that scenario.
bound_skyward: (for the dragons!)

<DragonSoul>

[personal profile] bound_skyward 2024-06-04 05:49 pm (UTC)(link)
Yes. I was a lich, if you want to be more technical about it, but they're all rather similar physically. I just have more experience with zombies back home. It's not a pleasant thing to be one, regardless of what you call it.
endlesspastability: (oh my god its a DANCE FIGHT)

<sth>

[personal profile] endlesspastability 2024-05-26 03:06 am (UTC)(link)
oh yeah it happens every once in a while. monsters get mixed up for some reason. usually because someone messed around with something they shouldn't have

but dude!!! weird??? I got mer too!!!

must be merMAY
endlesspastability: (yeah it was lame)

<sth>

[personal profile] endlesspastability 2024-05-28 03:53 am (UTC)(link)
i know dude. im pretty smart and hilarious. fish monster is a good one to be during the summer, too! ive been one before. well. half one.

i wonder what happened this time though?
endlesspastability: (eh.)

<sth>

[personal profile] endlesspastability 2024-05-31 03:21 am (UTC)(link)
that's my plan!! gotta make your fun when you can around here.

uhhhh maybe once a year or so? i think the last time was two years ago, actually. You know! I'm not sure!! ya know everything just kind of runs together after a while?